Kicked4Life
Kicked4Life
Kicked4Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kicked4Life

All topic are allow here and Membership is Free . Please Join Us here and start to have Fun !!.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Dead City . . . . . The Whole City Has Gone To Hell !! .

Delray Title Championship

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead City
Admin
Admin
Dead City

Delray Title Championship  Empty
PostSubject: Delray Title Championship    Delray Title Championship  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 am

Juan Martin del Potro wins Delray title

Associated Press

DELRAY BEACH, Fla. -- Juan Martin del Potro won his first title in his first final since capturing the 2009 U.S. Open with a 6-4, 6-4 victory over Janko Tipsarevic on Sunday.
[+] EnlargeDelray Title Championship  Ten_a_potro01_200AP Photo/Lynne SladkyJuan Martin del Potro raises his fists, as well as his surgically repaired wrist, after winning his first title since the 2009 U.S. Open.

The 22-year-old del Potro, on the comeback trail after missing most of last season with a right wrist injury, looked fatigued throughout the finals of the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships. But he willed himself to victory over the erratic Tipsarevic, then thrust his arms in the air and kept kissing his wrist -- almost in thanks for healing.
"Three months ago I was thinking I'll be trying to play tournaments," del Potro said. "Now I won a tournament. It's great to win a tournament after a year."
Del Potro should make a big move from No. 166 when the next ATP Tour rankings are released. But he knows there is still a long way to go before he contends with top players again.
The Argentine, who has eight career wins, reached the semifinals of San Jose and Memphis in advance of playing Delray Beach. He plans to stay in South Florida and skip the Davis Cup for Argentina this coming weekend, then play at Indiana Wells or Miami later in March.
"I don't know if I'm ready to fight with top-10 players, but I'm working very hard and hope to do it soon," del Potro said. "I need 20 to 25 matches before I'll really be ready to play with them, but it's coming soon."
The 52nd-ranked Tipsarevic was trying to win his first title in three career finals, but couldn't hold onto his early advantage in the match. The Serbian struggled on his serve, posting only a 49 percent first service percentage, throughout the match.
He only was able to capitalize on one of 11 break points on del Potro's serve.
"The key was the break points and my first serve percentage was horrible," Tipsarevic said. "All the factors were going my way to win. But I really didn't use my chances.
"One of 11 break points -- it's completely unacceptable against a guy like this in a final."

Complete results

Delray Title Championship  Ball_gr_55Need the scores from any match played in today's tournaments? Results

At the beginning of the match, Tipsarevic raced to a 4-1 lead. Del Potro was looking flat and couldn't find any range with his trademark forehand.
Tipsarevic played a poor seventh service game to hand del Potro back the service break, which turned the match to his favor. In the second set, del Potro scored the one necessary service break in the fifth game.
Tipsarevic was heading off to join his Serbian Davis Cup teammates in Novi Sad, Serbia, where they'll begin defense of their 2010 Davis Cup title against India.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
Back to top Go down
https://kicked4life.canadian-forum.com

Delray Title Championship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kicked4Life :: Your Sports Fix :: Tennis-
Jump to: